Saturday, November 7, 2009

THE MANHUNT AT HARTSFIELD




I hate to fly, but I love the airport! I have always loved watching people, and the Atlanta airport is teeming with people milling all over like an army of ants.

Today while sitting in the airport, I was on a mission. I just finished reading a steamy romance novel. I looked around the airport and realized this was like hitting the jackpot when it comes to male watching. Yup…on a mission.

In the novel I just read, the hero was 6’5” tall, über-muscular, and gorgeous. He had a full head of luscious black hair and piercing blue eyes. I figure, what better place to spot him or someone like him than at a huge airport like Hartsfield.

Well, let me tell you who I spotted…short men, fat men, tall men, skinny men, bald men, men in suits, men with their pants hanging down below their underwear (eee-eee-www!!!), and even a man in red and white plaid Bermuda shorts, a wild pink floral Hawaiian shirt, a straw hat, sneakers, and black socks. Obviously he was single!

But, among all those hundreds and hundreds of men I looked at today, none looked like they just stepped off the pages of my romance novel. And so I guess that’s why it’s called FICTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment