Saturday, September 19, 2009

Road Trippin'

Taking a road trip with someone you love along Route 66 is probably on the "bucket list" of a lot of people. This summer, I got to do just that. My sister and I traveled on Route 66 from Albuquerque to Arizona. We drove through the Painted Desert, the Petrified Forest, and the Grand Canyon. The landscape was breathtaking and the supernatural beauty of God's creation cannot be captured on film. It can only be captured in the heart.

This was a trip I won't forget. We laughed over dinners, channeled the Eagles while standing on the corner in Winslow, straddled the Continental Divide, and marveled at the beauty of the Canyon. Most of all, it was time spent with my sister. I miss her all the time; she lives 2000 miles away from me and the time we have together is precious. She is a person in my life who makes me giggle. Laughter is perfect medicine for what ails us; and what ails us is normally the stress of every day life: bills, news, teenagers, toddlers, laundry that never goes away, and grass that never stops growing.

So, the next time you have a chance, take a trip with someone you love and just giggle! Enjoy the mini video below and share my trip with me for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment